Feeling Fluffy? | Guest Post By Jill Marinelli
Posted on Oct 25, 2018 by Alayne White
In honor of Summer being fully gone (I mean, yesterday up near Boston some people had SNOW!), Halloween sneaking up on us, and the Holidays right around the corner we're sharing these 7 tips from personal stylist Jill Marinelli on how to disguise your fluffy areas after indulging just a bit too much.
I know I'm not the only one who feels a little fluffy after some summertime debauchery. Seriously, why is eating and drinking OUTSIDE so much more fun than doing it inside? I alternate between healthy eating and drinking to saying screw it - and going out for Mexican food and margaritas with friends - because life is short and I get grumpy when I'm hungry.
So, I've currently got a few extra pounds on my bod (though I'm starting to fear they may be staying permanently). Whether the pounds are staying or going, here are 7 tricks for dressing a bit thinner when you have a little something extra residing on your frame ;)
- Statement necklaces draw the eye up toward the face and away from trouble spots on the body.
- Long necklaces, as well as deep v-necks, elongate and trim the torso.
- A great bra lifts the girls and extends the torso, visually slimming the waist.
- Do you have a pair of nude pumps? The right pair should match your skin tone as closely as possible, which creates the illusion of longer legs (not to mention the "I can conquer the world feeling" that high heels tend to nurture!)
- Wrap styles, whether in a top or a dress, are a universally flattering and waist enhancing style.
- Monochromatic dressing (wearing the same color head to toe) keeps the eye moving up and down, creating the illusion of a long, lean body!
- Last but not least? Big hair. Yup. The bigger the hair, the smaller the body looks ;)
And now, for a run...